Discuss Header tank puming over.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hessyboy

Was called to a job today. Customer said there was a banging sound in the loft. Went up to investigate and noticed the open vent was pumping over boiling hot water. it was like a team room up there. Had a look in the cylinder noticed the pump speed was on 3 so turned it down to 2 had another look in the loft and the pumping over slowed down. SO turned the pump speed down to 1 and it stopped it from pumping over. Got a feeling the cold feed is blocked any other solutions??

Last edited by a moderator:
Its on a Y plan and its piped correctly very good installation no air seperator but cold feed and ecpansion teed in less than 150 mm

Could be the feed then or some nugget has fitted the pump the wrong way round

If you can, raise the expansion pipe.
1. The head generated by the pump was greater than the static head of the system.
2. It could also be caused by incorrect pipe sizing, (too much resisatnce).

Could try combining the feed and vent, provided the boiler has an overheat stat?

Thanks for the feedback guys after draining some of the water out the system radiator took absolutely aged to fill. Goin back to raise the expansion pipe. ALso tried a magnet on the cold feed were its prone to blockage could tell straight away its blocked .Goin to cut all that out and repipe next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Header tank puming over.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
  • Question
In my loft I have a circular 50-gallon cold water header tank which had a lash-up of insulation. (It still does.) An Internet search of...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water...
Replies
Views
Back