Discuss Having problems with thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ourshady

Hi Guys (and Gals)
I am having problems with unresponsive thermostats and would really appreciate your help and advice.

My 25 year old boiler has stopped responding to the room stat and once switched on by the programer
just runs continuously despite turning the stat right down.
I assumed an old TS142 may be the problem and replaced it with a Drayton RTS8 but to no avail.
The stats both make all the right noises but the system still fails to respond and I have had to resort
to turning the thing on and off manually when it gets either too hot or too cold which is a bit of a ball ache.
The only other stats on the system are a frost stat and the one strapped to the hot water tank but I
would be very surprised if either of these were the problem.
Am I missing something?

I look forward in anticipation to any suggestions you may have.
Thanks for reading this.
Charles

You could just keep swapping components, get busy with a multi meter and fault find with the correct wiring diagram or get a professional in who knows what he's doing.

why do you rule out the frost stat it would be one of the things i would check as it is capable of over riding everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Having problems with thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Firstly I won't be touching or going anything... I only want advice if this is right.. my partners dad has a aga that is solid fuel unregulated...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few...
Replies
Views
Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock