• Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 595K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry98

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Attachments

• 000_0279.jpg
    000_0279.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 2,355
  • 000_0281.jpg
    000_0281.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,245
A reminder why we do void gas checks ...

IMG_0276.jpg

... because tenants do stoopid things like this.

I know we all come across them but thought we could stick them all in one thread for everyone to see.

my first of many , was in a church hall and this was someones idea of capping the gas off.

Wasn't this allowed back in the day though?

Got a box full of them courtesy of the storesmen where I did a job last month

ive got some craking nono's somewhere ill route then out and upload i do alot of rentels so you can only imagin the bodgery will post soon lol

Not gas related as such but I was hacking the plaster of a wall in our kitchen and found this piece of quality workmanship: ....

IMG_4628.JPG

I've got plenty of pictures. I'll start with these. Customer complaint about standard of workmanship. Yes that is the rear of the boiler in the second picture, the original installer didn't bother blocking up before he hung the boiler. It took two of us two days to put the install right, we had to repipe the entire heating system and run a new gas supply as he'd used the original undersized 15mm for a 30Kw combi.

IMAGE_507.jpgIMAGE_508.jpgIMAGE_520.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0178.jpg
    100_0178.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6,658
ive just had a bit of a spat for using orignal 15mm on a install , i apprecaite you can get 15mm fed boilers but they were adminat on a baxi which is 22mm. it was on a listed building and was impossible to run 22 so i rang baxi whos advise was fit the duo-tec and gas rate etc if its within MI`s then its ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock