• Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 595K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this today. The customer read online that lagging would stop the boiler freezing and not working. Surprising the FGA reading where spot on :)

youd have thought they'd have fit the right size lagging..

The strange use of flexi's Came across these on Friday! A PRV, note the iso valve end at the wall :) 20130405_101608.jpg

And then told that a radiator downstairs didn't work....! 20130405_104253.jpg and flow 20130405_104311.jpg

The whole system is piped up in 15mm !!!!

Forgot the filling loop fitted incorrectly too !!! 20130405_101706.jpg

I now understand why this landlord considers me too expensive if this is the standard of work he expects :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
with plumbing like this, who needs proffesionals. was loads more in the house. plastic to kitchen rad, pushfit all over attic etc
1.jpg2.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365443137.489900.jpgwhat a lovely find. I raked out the remains of the old fire cement, straightened it up and re-cemented it, stripped off foil and redid that too. Not much more I could do to improve it as a sh** job anyway. Custard asked if the flue was the right size (4"), I thought it ought to be 5" but seems to have run ok for the last 10 years or more. Should it be 5"?

View attachment 12152what a lovely find. I raked out the remains of the old fire cement, straightened it up and re-cemented it, stripped off foil and redid that too. Not much more I could do to improve it as a sh** job anyway. Custard asked if the flue was the right size (4"), I thought it ought to be 5" but seems to have run ok for the last 10 years or more. Should it be 5"?

This is why the rules for oil should be as strict as they are for gas. That's shocking. Would be condemmed if it was a gas boiler.

The strange use of flexi's Came across these on Friday! A PRV, note the iso valve end at the wall :)View attachment 12140

And then told that a radiator downstairs didn't work....! View attachment 12141 and flow View attachment 12142

The whole system is piped up in 15mm !!!!

Forgot the filling loop fitted incorrectly too !!! View attachment 12143

I now understand why this landlord considers me too expensive if this is the standard of work he expects :lol:

dont you just love the reducers to 15mm on the heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock