Search the forum,

Discuss Grohe cistern, fix or replace? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Onto my 2nd loo that’s currently turned off as it’s constantly flowing into the pan. Grohe concealed but with no flush plate. Flush panel removed. I attempted to pull out the flush valve to source a replacement but the stupid previous owner put the countertop on too low down and it won’t come out!

Is it even worth chopping the unit up for just that? Should I look at replacing the whole cistern instead.. it looks like pneumatic flush button assembly isn’t made anymore.
Going to need a plumber to come in that one as my isolation valve is leaking too. Head.. desk.. wallop

If it’s grohe adagio you can get all the parts still, has it got a plastic cradle straddling the top of the cistern?
Hi yes I think that’s the one it is. It does have the cradle part. I can get that out and fight to get the flush valve released but there’s not a big enough gap between the top of the cistern and the counter to remove it!!
I now can’t do anything now if I turn the isovalve on, that leaks!
🤦🏻‍♀️

Is it possible to remove the worktop?

In a similar situation I hacksawed a section from the side of the cistern, just enough to allow removal of flush valve and obviously keep it well above the water level!

You will most likely just need a new discharge piston, but get a whole flush valve if you don’t really know what you’re doing. Also check the condition of the bellows.

Tricky but not impossible when the cistern is too high, the alternative of course is to remove the pan - then remove the cistern for easy access to everything. When you put it back put it a little lower in the unit so future maintenance is easier.

The cistern hooks onto a bracet that sits on the wall at the top back of the cistern. You should be able to loosen the flush pipe nut, it is actually round and should only be hand tight, and then undo the mains supply. You can then lif the cistern off as long as you have around 20mm clearance. Repair the cistern, I think most parts are still available, and pop it back on. A bit fiddly but easier than renewing the entire cistern.

Reply to Grohe cistern, fix or replace? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock