Discuss Gritty bits of scale from triton electric shower. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm new to this forum so please bare with me. I was called to a job 2 days ago, bloke had alternating pressure/temperature on his tritton electic shower I took the head off and shook loads of sharp sand like bits of scale out. I ran the shower on/off slow/fast hot/cold for about ten mins. And must have got about half a cup of bits of scale out. It started to run a bit clearer so told the customer to try and use it over the next few days and see how it goes. I also showed him how I had 'flushed it out' so he could do it if it happened again. He called me today because he had lost pressure again. Exactly the same problem. I got probably another tablespoon of grity lime scale out again. where's it all coming from, surely the shower can produce it that quick. Is it a build up that has been disturbed and is now clearing. Has any1 experienced this. Whats the best cure. Shower is under a year old. Thanks ant

The heat exchanger is probably scaled up is my guess.
Hard water area? Shower being used excessively/too hot? You can clean a showerhead by tieing a bag filled with vinegar over it and letting it soak overnight.

Thanks for your reply. Yes hard water area. That's what I thought. But was wondering if it could clear itself out as there was a lot of scale coming out. I know scale is probably always being produced but surely not at the rate it was coming out. Also the head isn't scaled up as such it just had a lot of loose bits of scale that have come from heat exchanger.

Got a phone call today to say the shower was not staying hot for more than 10seconds now. He got another year out of it but think its now time to replace it.

Hi,

I have the exact same issue as is described here. We have an electric shower, Aquatronic 3 Ultra, downstairs (fitted with plastic pipes, not sure if this is relevant). I literally have to dismantle shower head every few days and there is enough grit/limescale/not sure what it is to fill at least one tablespoon. This has been going on ever since we moved in - around 4 years ago. Does anyone know what the cause of this might be?

Do we need a new shower? Or new pipes? Or something else?

Thanks!

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gritty bits of scale from triton electric shower. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock