Search the forum,

Discuss green corrosion/verdigris?copper oxide film on 15mm gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbduff

I have just pulled up the floor boards in the kitchen and noticed verdigris in patches on the gas pipe where it had been splashed with a thin film of cement mortar in places. I have easily removed the film with wire wool but the copper will not go shiny again in these areas.I'm wondering whether the pipe section will need replacing or whether the corrosion is trivial and this is common a occurance . This has only happend in one area, the rest looks as good as new. The age of the property and pipework is about 50years. Should I get someone in to look at it

If in doubt get someone gas safe to check it out. Especially if its 50 odd years old.

An inspection should not be too expensive but it would be innapropriate to guess a price unless i was doing the inspection . Best advice is to ask for a rough price when booking an engineer to look that way you wont get any nasty supprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to green corrosion/verdigris?copper oxide film on 15mm gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock