Discuss Going commercial? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently only work on domestic.

Got a job replacing light commercial boiler in domestic premises.

Though it would be good to get my commercial ticket so I can do the work.

Questions:

I'm paying £760 for ;

CODCN01
CIGA1
lCPN1
TPCP1A

is this a good price? It's in London.

Also, how much harder is this course compared to the domestic?

Can anyone recommend any books?

Thanks for responses!

Unless you're going to be doing commercial a lot wouldn't it be cheaper and a lot less hassle to get a commercial guy in for a day to work alongside you?

It's not just the cost of the course, it's the loss of earnings whilst you're on it.

I got my commercial ticket last year and it's very hard to break into as a small firm. I've earned more money helping guys in your situation than I have doing straight commercial work in my own right..

Oh, and there's a lot more maths involved!

Unless you're going to be doing commercial a lot wouldn't it be cheaper and a lot less hassle to get a commercial guy in for a day to work alongside you?

It's not just the cost of the course, it's the loss of earnings whilst you're on it.

I got my commercial ticket last year and it's very hard to break into as a small firm. I've earned more money helping guys in your situation than I have doing straight commercial work in my own right..

Oh, and there's a lot more maths involved!

Thanks for reply. Just the sort of response I was Looking for. Know what your saying about getting someone in..would be much easier. It's just I thought maybe it would be a strength to my bow. Not sure how much I would be doing but would definitely have at least 3 heating jobs this winter which would be decent earners.

They were trying to charge me £1397 + vat initially so thought I'd got a good price too.

also the course is 5 days and was planning on getting my van sorted in that time. Im not sure TBH but the extra maths is a definite turn off!!

the extra maths is a definite turn off!!

I'm not brilliant at maths but I managed it OK. It's like domestic pipe sizing on steroids - a bit to think about but once you get your head round it, it all falls into place. This is just a bit more complex but if you get a decent instructor it will all fall into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Going commercial? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all I'm a limited company that's been running for 12 years and I have a lot of ongoing work, 99% commercial, and a lot of it plumbing, in...
Replies
Views
Hi We are a commercial premises Have been using the same plumber for years and very happy with his work but recently came to light he has a...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am a junior plumber based in South East London (Zone 1), but can get to most areas quite easily. In terms of Qualifications I have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock