Search the forum,

Discuss Glwoworm CX30 max. gas rate test - pass or fail? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been shaddowing my Gas Safe buddy while waiting for the start date of own training.

He was testing a CX30 which showed xxMb at the test point with the boiler running on the Hi (max) setting for xx mins. Though not ideal, but the MI appears to say down to xxMb is acceptable (confusingly worded though!). I understand this was a pass. I seem to recall that was a drop of xMb from the meter.

What concerned my buddy, and used up quite a few hours of retesting etc, was the max gas rate test. (It did not help having a prepayment meter BTW!) MI says max gas rate is xm cube/hour. 1st test result was x and second test was x. He quoted a +x% / -x% tolerance as being acceptable, and as it was within these limits, I struggled to really understand the issue. (CP30 not issued/ return visit planned)

He mentioned gross and net which I've not yet swatted up on, and I've since determined the CV for that day was xx if that info is needed. MI says max. heat input nett Q for DHW is xxKWh and for CH is xxkWh.

Perhaps me looking over his shoulder and asking too many questions was the route cause of the problem! Rather than me bugging him again, could someone please explain if this is indeed a pass or fail and what the test is trying to achieve as I could not find out in this forum?

Flue gas analyser tests all easily passed BTW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing there are a lot of gas engineers who don't understand this properly as no one has commented to clarify!

I think you'll find its because we don't discuss gas in open forum. We understood completely.

That's why we have the badges to show we're qualified.

Last edited by a moderator:
Job 38.11.

And I'll be editing your post. Please don't change it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glwoworm CX30 max. gas rate test - pass or fail? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am a homeowner but caught between a rock & a hard place. I am trying to get a Vaillant ecoTEC 630 plus serviced but the gas safe engineer &...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi all, Firstly i feel really dumb asking such a amateurish question so please be nice as i feel i have to ask for clarification i'm working...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock