Discuss Glow worm hideaway 100B - pilot keeps going out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

customer has a glowworm hideaway 100B BF and the pilot keeps going out. Been to relight it a few times and I fires up straight away. Thinking the gas valve might be faulty as thermocouple has been replaced. The customer however has now told me that everytime the pilot goes out. Her 2 channel danfoss FP7175 display goes blank and only way to get it to come back on is to press the reset on it

now the programmer should cause the pilot to extinguish should it? Just the man burner. So if that's the cause, why is it found to be blank on the display when the pilot is also found to be out?

any ideas

Clean & Adjust pilot, could be main burner is pulling pilot away, bad draft from somewhere, or even someone slamming a door shut, but adjust pilot first

Could check the voltage of the thermocouple should be double the drop out voltage of the gas valve........ Or it could just be windy outside,

Does this model have a overheat interrupter on the thermocouple ?

No mate it doesn't. As for clock, I know the clock can't interfer with thermocouple, it's just if the customer is right in saying everytime the pilot goes out, the clock display is also off, why is this or is it just a coincidence

Coincidences happen. On Saturday went to a burnt out pump on a vaillant. Changed it and then no switch live to boiler.!
Crappy Drayton wireless stat receiver working intermittently! Replaced that, then Alls well.

two separate problems but both at the same time.

Its a total impossibility. New thermocouple, clean the injector, adjust the flame and tell her to put the smirnoff away :smile:

Maybe not the thermocouople , if the pilots not very strong then clean injector out as maybe just dirty, depending on if been done might aswell offer a service while there,

Its a total impossibility. New thermocouple, clean the injector, adjust the flame and tell her to put the smirnoff away :smile:

Never dismiss anything. I had a problem with a Baxi Bermuda years ago. Boiler kept going out despite new thermocouple etc. The customer was convinced it happened when the heating switched on. I tried it and, lo and behold, turn the room stat up and the pilot extinguished. Further investigation revealed that the earth to the property had been disconnected and when the heating switched on a small current was induced in the earth wire. This small current was enough to cancel out the current generated by the thermocouple and the pilot dropped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glow worm hideaway 100B - pilot keeps going out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock