Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gcs scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

Anyone know much about this ? Even though I don't like the 5 year acs surely this new scheme will allow companies just to sign off there gas engineers regardless of there competence level ? Let be honest there not going to stop them working resulting in them losing the company money. Think it's a poor safety move

It can only work in my eyes if an external independent verifier does the checking otherwise as above...it will be abused.

Something similar has been happening in the transport industry for years - big firms have "delegated authority" to examine their trainees. So certain bus companies train AND test their own candidates for the PCV driving licence. Ditto hailers and LGV licence. No conflict of interest at all there then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gcs scheme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock