Discuss gc numbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
some one on here was refering to the gc numbers having a meaning is there a list/table some where to help decipher them?
also im told there is a code in vaillant boiler serial numbers relating to the date of manufacture can anyone explain this and does it apply to just vailants or all boilers?

Last edited:
Be handy that Steve, if we get an answer I'll add it to the list of stickies.

Potterton, Main and Baxi boilers have the manufacture date (week/year) within the serial number.

I think I referred to a pdf link some time ago that gives boiler names, GC numbers and manufacture dates.

If anyone wants this link then I'll dig it out again.

only new vaillants have the date of manufacture in the serial number, it says the week it was manufactured 01 to 52, then year

maybe i miss read the post i was refering toi thought there was some sort of code to it someone was saying certain numbers described the boiler and manufacturer and type ie 11 could be a wall hung or 31 a system

I think just as a general rule its the first 2 numbers on the GC number 41 and 47 are boilers, 32 gas fires, etc.

In an apparently simple number a considerable amount of information can be communicated. This is why it is so important you provide this with your enquiry.
The coding works as a series of seven digits in the following format:

00-000-00

The first digit00-000-00signifies appliance Group Type
The second digit00-000-00signifies Type within Group
The middle three digits00-000-00identifies the manufacturer
The last two digits00-000-00identifies the model

if the first and second digits signify type and sub type is there a list of these
IE 1 =BOILER
2=FIRE
ETC
ETC
SO I CAN LOOK AT AN APPLIANCE AND IMEDIATELY KNOW THE FIRST DIGIT WILL BE X AS IT A BOILER SECOND WILL BE Y AS ITS A COMBI?
IVE TRIED TO WORK IT OUT FROM THE LIST BUT DOESNT SEEM TO WORK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gc numbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old)...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock