Discuss gas safe phone call in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a unbelievable phone call with gas safe today over a illegal boiler went on for about 15 mins which is short version below.

Firstly pass my details gsr number ,name ,where i live etc .

GSR- so what is it i can do for you today

ME- basically putting some radiators in a house gone to the loft space to refill boiler and notice the install was pretty poor , had asked customer for MI's and they have none nor any record of a gas cert . They have only been living here for a couple weeks so we are curious about the boiler .

GSR- is this your house?

ME - no its customers house i have done a couple new rads here

GSR- so you want to register the radiators?

ME- huh? No is the boiler a legal boiler ( i pass customers full details)

GSR- Is this your address?

ME - no its customers , can you check if they have a veissman boiler installed on your data base?

GSR - have you put this in?

ME- NO I'm doing radiators is the boiler legal???

GSR- Whose put this boiler in ,,,,yourself?

ME- NO i have phoned up to check if this boiler has been installed by a GSR engineer and signed off!!!

GSR - When was this boiler put in?

ME- how do i know thats what I'm trying to find out!

THIS GOES ON LIKE THIS FOR ANOTHER 10 MINS OR SO

Eventually we get to the point where she is confused because she has no data of it being signed off,

GSR - are you commissioning the boiler now after your install ?

ME - i never installed it

GSR - but you need to sign your rads off

ME - forget the rads

GSR - who is signing boiler off

ME - im will do measures to keep it safe , meanwhile as I'm not commissioning it what happens as its been installed illegally over this time scale ?

GSR - nothing will happen

Ended up filling out paperwork switching it off , back to customer now

Bet your glad you pay the yearly registration fee and the cost of the premium rate number.

I have, before, used the phrase "Please listen to me carefully before one or both of us dies..."

quite shocking to be honest ,

can't blame her more the training they give them i guess

But if you forget a self tapper in a vaillant standard flue they'll pull your pants down. I tried to report a bad install a few years back. They were less than interested. Haven't rung them since.

I only had 3 years under corgi before the change over. So not fit to comment myself

But those that are who was better corgi or gas safe

I only had 3 years under corgi before the change over. So not fit to comment myself

But those that are who was better corgi or gas safe

Corgi were just as bad. I don't think they or gas safe were any worse than each other.

should sign an online petition for them to get their act together as dissatisfied end users

That's what I reckon too. 1 person moaning at a time they can easily shrug off, if you can get thousands of people they can't not listen! It's just how do you get out to all the gas engineers in the country.

What a joke, can you do the # hash tag thing or whatever it is on twitter, power of the internet might make them sort there reporting gas issues better.

bit like ring transco to report a gas leak or faulty meter. Hi this is me gsr number, I have found this leak, Ive isolated the supply but your lot needs to pop out. First thing you get back is turn off the meter, dont turn on any lights etc, yawn, I think I mentioned i am gsr can you........... and off they go again......... I normally pop the phone down and make a coffee, they normally still there bleating at you 5 minutes later :)

No surprise here. CORGI new what they were doing. CRAPTA have not got a clue. That's why I left. Business models fit all, I don't think so. You were not performing gas work and therefore it fall's outside of the Gas Safety Installation & Use Regulations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas safe phone call in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock