Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

radswilldo

Anyone one had their work inspected yet, think mine will be soon. Was round a past customer the other day, said they had a letter asking for company/engineer details. Stated that they might use this job for inspection and that I would be notified, heard that they are going to enforce this annually regardless of competence. Cant see them doing this, not feasable, not enough inspector's, same as before.

had mine in the summer and my local inspector said he has a lot more todo now its gas safe.

Had mine back in September. Nothing really to worry about.

It seems that every customer gets a letter asking if the work can be inspected, but only a small number are actually visited.

Guy i know had a inspection, they didnt notify him, just asked the customer, turned up and carried out their inspection and wen't on their way..

Whilest were on the subject of inspection, i recently passed my ACS and have sent off my GSR stuff last week, what actually goes on next, they come out and inspect me work first dont they? Anything else to be aware of...apart from the price...ÂŁ419.75!!!

Unlike Corgi i don't think they come out to see you 1st now. Instead you can start working, but on a 3 month probationary period.

During your probation you have to notify all work and you will get an inspection during the 3 months.

Unlike Corgi i don't think they come out to see you 1st now. Instead you can start working, but on a 3 month probationary period.

During your probation you have to notify all work and you will get an inspection during the 3 months.

Yup your correct, paid my fee yesterday morning and was told then that i may now start trading...

Will get the odd inspection over a 3 month period they say.

I had 1 inspection in the first 5 months. Apparently GSR laid off a few inspectors when they took over...
Only time will tell if this move helps the industry or just Centrica's shareholders.

Had mine today, couldn't attend, my customer said I was paid a compliment. Extends the smile on my face as a new nephew joined the clan today.

I had my Probation Inspection yesterday it lasted 2 hours and started at the meter with usual tightness test. looked at my pipework installation, Asked questions on standing pressure, Working pressure, Pipe sizing.

Then progressed to the boiler with working pressure, pipework route, electrics, about flue installation.

Back down to the meter for Gas rating and further questions about ventilation on windows and gas hobs etc. then details on my experience.

Made some school boy errors and although my boiler installation was very good he was unable to lift my probation and another inspection is now sheduled for mid Dec.

I had forgotten what the Governor Lock-up value said 24mb but was 21mb also failed to fit clip on gas pipe under kitchen unit as could not remove plinth also forgotten to seal sleeves sufficiently. SO its my own fault.

Simon

I had an inspection with GSR it was the same guy I knew from the Corgi days.They are generally not out to trick you my inspector was fine.Seems you's was very thorough.Sleeves on pipework is a very basic mistake and I'm sure he would have failed you on that alone.Sorry to sound so blunt and I'm not trying to offend you in anyway.Sure you'll get there in the end,chin up PP.

My own fault at the end of the day. had just sleeved the gas pipe through the wall just going to the van for some sealant the phone rings irate customer on the phone saying water p*ssing through the ceiling i got the blame as last trade in and working with water only to find Carpet fitter had lifted a shower saniflow and snaped the pumped outlet.

I then get back to the job and completly forgotten about sealing the sleaves. just great so really pee'd off such a schoolboy error.

won't happen again i can tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock