Discuss Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lozza3k

Hi All. So iv got my gas safe inspection in a few days and im absolutly bricking it. Problem is iv not got any work this week and so i dont know what to show him. I gave them a call and they said thats fine just service my own boiler (missis aint very pleased, she panicks if i touch our own boiler lol) and service a neighbours boiler or family's. what sort of things will they ask, need to see demonstrated. and how long do they usually stay. cheers

I serviced my neighbours boiler and he was fine with that. When he met me we just had a coffee in my living room and he asked me questions about what type of work I would be doing and how I found the job.

Then he just watched me do a TT and asked me what I'd look for at a gas meter ie bonding etc, then I serviced the boiler and he asked me about FGA reading and pipe sizing and vents/flueing etc. Nothing to stressful, plus he was a nice bloke which made it easier.

Just relax and you'll be fine

cheers villa_tom. Im from your neck of the woods in (west mids) dudley so hopefully i get the same bloke as you lol. The more i read my books the more i seem to forget haha. I Really want to get TB005 (cookers in internal kitchen) as i have one so dont want any dodgy q's but cant get it to open on me laptop!!! its going out the window in a min!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. just had my probationary inspection. Most of the inspection went ok, apart from when the inspector asked me questions about gas fires and gas...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hey all Looking for a consensus on an issue that has arisen. Disclaimer is that my ideal icos 12 boiler Is over 10 years old but has been...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
Back