Discuss Gas fire without a chimney? Any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

honestbob

Hi all, first time on here, and with what is probably a unanswerable question, but I promised a very good customer I would try all avenues.

Have a house that had two fires as the primary heat source, when flue flow testing smoke from upstairs fire goes up flue liner, out of terminal. Downstairs fire goes up chimney, comes out around same terminal as upstairs fire. Obviously had to disconnect downstairs fire. Chimney looks an absolute sob to try and get a second flue liner up anywhere, looks like half of it would have to be rebuilt.:(

Now for the questions. I know I cannot fit a flueless fire, but the only reason I could find is due to condensation. Customer's great idea "we can fit a permanent dehumidifier!" "No we can't" says I. Anyone know of any other reasons flueless can't be fitted as primary? He didn't like my answer too much.:mad:

Also, does anyone know of a fire with a blown flue that can be ducted away? Sure there used to be something that I've read about, but can't remember anything about it, and may well have imagined it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

well you can get room sealed fires if it backs onto an outside wall

you cant have a flueless if no background heat ie rads,they are not for only heat source applications if all else fails go electric

Lack of an outside wall is the problem, there's a pretty big window on the only one that's available, the old chimney breast is the ideal place, with flue coming out of the breast sideways. Absolute pig of a job. Power flue is what I was thinking of, have to look at installation instructions, see if it will go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas fire without a chimney? Any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back