Search the forum,

Discuss Gas fire identification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

bennythedip

Gas Engineer
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone out there can identify the gas fire from the picture. It says manufactured in Birmingham by either BFO or BFD. Any help appreciated

5DF8BCBA-D366-48AA-9836-222D45A44EED.jpeg

Just wondering if you know anything about the interrupter block in this fire? The fire won’t stay alight. Tried changing thermocouple but still the same. Microswitch is working ok. The interrupter seems to be an obsolete part. Thanks for any help

Just wondering if you know anything about the interrupter block in this fire? The fire won’t stay alight. Tried changing thermocouple but still the same. Microswitch is working ok. The interrupter seems to be an obsolete part. Thanks for any help
Not much to it really.
Test continuity through the switch with a meter, same through the leads, clean the spades in the interrupter block, check that the pilot flame is actually enveloping the thermocouple tip. There could be two micro switches, one for the block and one for ignition.
My apologies if you already know about the things I mentioned.

The Block only ensures (by interruption), that the thermocouple circuit has to pass through the closed micro-switch to get to the electromagnet in the Gas valve. These things are only in millivolt range and everything needs to be a good contact and clean.

Reply to Gas fire identification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I've had an idea to use a gas fired generator running on mains gas to top up a large off grid battery bank when solar power is insufficient. Can anybody tell me if this is legal in the UK? Mains gas is much cheaper than electricity per kwh and the fact I've never heard of anybody doing the same...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house, the other one (downstairs) gave a leak flow history of 17PPM So I got someone in from British Gas, he did lots of combustion and air quality checks...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can anyone hell me identify this pipe is it for gas? Property is all electric but the flat below and flats next door have gas boilers. The property is one of 4 flats converted from a cottage. Any help much appreciated thanks, I'll be getting an engineer to install a boiler if it is gas...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Vaillant VRT 392 Thermostat just stopped working, it's completely dead, I read another thread suggesting changing batteries, but this model does not use batteries, it's wired to a Vaillant control center VR65 with eBUS, my boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC plus 624, anyone can help identify...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock