Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss G3 regulation change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

unguided1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Apparantly the G3 regulations have changed to include domestic hot water system under 15 Litres. this means if you dont have G3 qualification you can no longer install under sink water heaters

In the previous addition of the regulations unvented vessels with a storage capacity of 15 litres or less were excluded from the regulations.

This is no longer the case but the approved document states:

3.19 Water heaters with a capacity of 15 litres or less that have the appropriate safety devices for temperature and pressure will generally satisfy the requirement set out in G3(3) (part of the regulation relating to hot water storage)

Thus it should be OK to carry on as before as long as the water heater has the appropriate safety devices.

pretty vague, i will make a call tommorow to see if it can be clarified !
but thanks

Shaun

All building regulations are vague!

If you read it in context then it is basically saying that as long as the unvented heater is brought as a package with the appropriate safety devices (there must be two independent devices in addition to any control thermostat) then the regulation is deemed to have been satisfied.

So in short it’s OK to carry on as before!

Hope Im not causing trouble with this post but I was on a course last monday and was told this by the tutor so it will be good to find a full clarification

regards
mike

Hi
I know this is an old post but i was wondering about a new change to G3 regs regarding temp and pressure relief and safety relief going in to 2no separate tundishes as i have heard it is coming as an amendment to the regs, but not sure when?
Thanks
Peter

there are no changes to the regs demanding this, usually in training we get a heads up to amendments that are on the way, to date i dont have any notification that changes are coming, if i hear of any i will post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to G3 regulation change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock