Search the forum,

Discuss Flushing system before commission in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,
As per title, what's the procedure for flushng newly installed central heating and cold feed. Is a powerflush machine needed? Does the boiler need to be part of the flushing? Another Gsr said the just filling up the the system for central heating then draining is enough and for cold feed, just leave the taps open for a while?

Hi all,
As per title, what's the procedure for flushng newly installed central heating and cold feed. Is a powerflush machine needed? Does the boiler need to be part of the flushing? Another Gsr said the just filling up the the system for central heating then draining is enough and for cold feed, just leave the taps open for a while?

Depends where your working but last time I looked it was advised that power flush on brand new install, although for me stick a bottle of system cleaner in for a few hours drain and flush, and just let the cold/hot taps run full bore for a few minutes

as above and on site it normally doesnt happen

Full powerflush while the old boiler's off, if not, get someone else to fit your boiler matey!
No point going in cheap on a job then failing their warranty for them with dirty water; Glow-Worm have now upped their minimum water standard they need to find if called out....

While we're on the subject, don't really think much of the Magnacleanse option..

A brand new heating system?
A chemical flush should be enough.

Full powerflush while the old boiler's off, if not, get someone else to fit your boiler matey!
No point going in cheap on a job then failing their warranty for them with dirty water; Glow-Worm have now upped their minimum water standard they need to find if called out....

While we're on the subject, don't really think much of the Magnacleanse option..

Magnacleanse is a lot better than no option

Magnacleanse is a lot better than no option

on a new system your only looking to remove swarf, flux and solder so the chemicals will disperse the flux and a standard mains flush done sequentially through the system would bin the rest no problem, anyone saying a powerflush is required has simply forgotten why a powerflushing machine was invented in the first place. As an afterthought a magnacleanse wont achieve anything either.

For a whole new system chemicals for a couple of hours or overnight the flush, fill, drain, fill with inhibitor.

New boiler on old system as long as the water doesn't come out black chemicals for a week or 2 before hand, then flush as normal.

Never he any issues with a manual flush and a Magna clean.

For a whole new system chemicals for a couple of hours or overnight the flush, fill, drain, fill with inhibitor.

New boiler on old system as long as the water doesn't come out black chemicals for a week or 2 before hand, then flush as normal.

Thats one of the reasons why a combi swap takes at least 2 days to do properly

Where's Adam, he can get them done in a morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flushing system before commission in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
We have a Daikin Air Source heat pump feeding our hot water and under-floor 8 port manifold heating system. The Daikin has just had its annual service and the engineer commented that the water looked discoloured and that the inhibitor needed replacing?? Is this an easy procedure? I'm pretty...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock