Discuss Flush valve question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicro3

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi
I have replaced a gerberit push button flush valve with a fluidmaster type. The customer says the flush is not taking paper away (it is set on max flush) any ideas please?

Nick

Hi nicro3.

Does the valve empty the cistern as near as dammit?

If it does it's doing it's job. Tell 'em to use less paper or there could be a partial blockage in waste pipe.

Rubbish toilet design most likely. Nothing you can do if the water is leaving the cistern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say possible blockage.

Bring a thinner roll of loo paper, and flush about 10 sheets or the equivalent of what she uses to see if it goes away. If it flushes fine, try the stuff she is using. Some of the heavier quilted papers can be difficult to flush. Press and hold the flush button until the flush has completed as a partial flush may not completely take away the loo paper.

Heavy toilet paper and 6 litre flushes don't always make a good match.

Check if they are missing one of those rim mounted toilet cleaning things. I've lost count of the number of plastic cages that I've fished out from behind bogs. They pass water fine but catch the paper.

Check if they are missing one of those rim mounted toilet cleaning things. I've lost count of the number of plastic cages that I've fished out from behind bogs. They pass water fine but catch the paper.
I've been on the receiving end of being covered by one of those bloo loo blocks. One Custard I went to change her syphon had ten of them in her cistern. Me, my tools, the van, my clothes and even the custard got covered in it as I shook her hand. That'll teach her! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flush valve question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I am trying to find an alternative flush valve to fit the cradle of a ideal standard push btn flush. It is all tiled in and changing to a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question on flush pressure. When I press the bigger button, there's hardly a flush. I understand that's normal but it's a very...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My toilet flushes ok when the long flush button is pressed - but water continues to flow into the toilet bowl. No problems with the short flush. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys So a bit of a dilemma Normal WC Unit height 766mm which is around the average mark. quite alot of bogs lets say the flush pipe center...
Replies
Views
I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock