Search the forum,

Discuss Flue kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaydh

Hi all

I hope someone can help as i need it!

I have a heatline compact s24 boiler and I need a flue kit vertical connector to attach the flue pipe (which I have) to the boiler. Heatline have told me they no longer make this part, I am in the middle of calling heatline stockists but I wondered if I can use another company's part?

The flue kit if 60/100 in size, the boilder is Band D. Is it possible to use another 60/100 vertical connector which has been made for a boiler of another Band?

Thanks very much

Jamie

do you mean can you use a flue from another manufacturer?

Either another manufacturer or another Heatline boiler, can either be done?

you are obviously not a Gas safe registered engineer, or you would realise you can only fit as per the manufacturers instructions.

Correct im not an engineer.

What are manufacturers instructions on this matter?

in a nut shell it means you must only use equipment which has been specifically made for that boiler, if the Mfctrs say its not available any more and you cant get one from shopping around then you cannot use any other, bit harsh but flueing is part and parcel of the gas engineers job, it also accounts for most of the CO related fatalities, you need to get someone who knows what they are doing to come in and look at the boiler

My plumber said only the flue for the boiler can be used, but ive just found on another forum that someone spoke to heatline and they said others in their range can be used on other heatline boilers. I need this part so might take a punt on using a vertical connector for another heatline boiler, its only a cheap part. I am having a plumber fit it all so if its not right I wont use it.

Heatline are useless so I wont be calling them again.

Thanks for your help.

The flue gases in modern condensing boilers run at much lower temperatures than old ones, plastic inner flues are used to cope with the acidic condense contained in the flue gasses of modern boilers.
If you use a flue from a modern boiler it will melt and could cause a situation that will endanger you, your family or your nieghbours lives.
If you cant find an old stock flue then I would recomend instaling your Heatline boiler in the skip.

Heatline? oh dear. Who puts all these heatlines in? There everywhere, ohwell keeps us busy ripping them out and replacing with baxi's.

I didnt fit the boiler, came with the house!

Conflicting advice so not sure what to do. If the vertical connector is from a boiler of the same age, just a different model, would it work?

I have found another D rated boiler that was made at the same time as mine called the Star 24, in theory that should be ok to get the vertical connector I think?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock