Discuss Flow gauges for central heating pipe work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I fitted a 0-2 bar pressure gauge straight after the pump and another on the return near the boiler.

Have you allowed for the static height (if any) difference between two gauges as 9 psi or 6.2M seems to be a very high system loss??
It's not clear where the second gauge is located. It sounds as if it is on the return as it enters the boiler, in which case the head loss in the boiler's heat exchanger would not be included in the 9 psi.

Edit:

It would help if we knew which boiler you had,

Last edited:

Reply to Flow gauges for central heating pipe work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Please can anyone let me know if the NTC thermostats are on the correct way around?? I did have problems with the return pipe heating up before...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock