Discuss Fitting secondhand boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks John; thread was not specific, but obviously oil boiler? So though the comments were valid for gas, it has not addressed the oil situation. No statutory instrument, so follow BS5410, OFTEC, building regs, buildings act 1984.

Basically if it's a standard efficiency boiler, no.

Condensing boiler yes provided its fitted to MIs and complies with regs.

Seriously would you fit a second hand boiler that some ham fisted numpty had fitted years ago and never flushed out for a customer, even if the customer supplied it, which i dont do cos it might be stolen, you would be going back to repair it from here to eternity out of your own pocket cos in the customers eyes you fitted it so your responsible for it , and no manufactures guarantee would cover you either

I was always told if it's A rated gas boiler and has manufacturers instructions you can. Iv refitted a rated combis before

But don't know about oil. Would be interested to know though

Last edited:
I would assess the situation and decide from there. I have had instances where I have said no and one instance where I have done it.

I've fitted a 2nd hand boiler before but as I say to all customers, it takes just as long and needs just as much material as a new boiler. To be fair the last 2nd hand boiler I did was only a year old and came from a house that was being conencted to the gas main so nothing wrong with it. Wouldn't fit a 2nd hand Warmflow or anything like that however!

I would assess the situation and decide from there. I have had instances where I have said no and one instance where I have done it.

so have I just depends on how skint you are

Well, as of 14.50pm today, there's 1,671 used boilers for sale on ebay.
Looks like a healthy market, and prison overcrowding on the way:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting secondhand boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock