Search the forum,

Discuss Fit fused timer for old oil boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys,

Have an old Oil Myson boiler that works fine, barring the mechanical timer on the front. Timer makes a sound but isn't going around so left using boiler manually.

Any ideas how to fix the timer?

Pic of boiler :
2lnjvw6.jpg

Alternatively could I fit this fused timer where the current fused switch is:
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/green...ay-fused-digital-timer-spur-switch-230v/7643g

set the time on that and leave the boiler set to continuous all the time?
Pic of fused switch above boiler:
11u8d9g.jpg

Just worried the switch cutting the power while boiler is on could cause some kind of problem as when you switch it to off a fan sound runs for a few minutes after.

Any help much appreciated

I have had the same problem with several
customers’ old oil boilers.
In all cases I have fitted a remote Honeywell ST699
all were very pleased especially as the 699 is very easy to us, if a little expensive.
A fairly straightforward job.

Reply to Fit fused timer for old oil boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor circulating the hot water. There are two wall-mounted time adjustment thingies—one for hot water and heating, and the other for the motor. Oh, and...
Replies
Views
My boiler is currently powered by a switched fused spur. The spur is located 40cm underneath the boiler. I haven't checked but it is probably a 3A fuse. My boiler is an Ideal Logic combi ESP1 35 : https://idealheating.com/uploads/documents/logic-combi-esp1-installation-and-servicing.pdf I would...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Customer complains of Intermittent heating on Y plan with Stat satisfied. New boiler fitted last year (no permanent live required or fitted previously) on an existing Y plan system. Existing timer was a Randall 103 (no hot water off position as its a timer not a programmer). The customer wanted...
Replies
Views
Experiencing an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 21i conventional boiler if anyone could help! I have previously installed a Tado smart controls system and is all working correctly with my 3 zone s plan system (CH x2, & HW). Boiler fires from the LR (signal) when the Tado calls for heat but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock