Search the forum,

Discuss connect boiler and nest heatlink from the same switched fused spur in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My boiler is currently powered by a switched fused spur. The spur is located 40cm underneath the boiler.
I haven't checked but it is probably a 3A fuse.
My boiler is an Ideal Logic combi ESP1 35 : https://idealheating.com/uploads/documents/logic-combi-esp1-installation-and-servicing.pdf

I would like to add a Nest thermostat using the opentherm wiring as described here page 24: https://nest.com/support/images/mis...Nest-Learning-Thermostat-Install-Guide-UK.pdf

The wiring is relatively easy, I just need 230V AC N + L to power the device and then 2 low voltage wires to the Opentherm on the boiler.

My question is, where do I get the the 230V AC N + L from ? the easiest way and following the regulation.

Can I get it from the current switched fused spur that powers the boiler ?
if yes, shall I connect the nest heatlink N+L directly from the switched fused spur (load side)

or

shall I connect the nest heatlink N+L directly from the boiler on the MAIN input?

Thanks in advance.

Probably best taking the L and N directly from the boiler, but you can come from the load side of the spur, I wouldn’t take it from the feed side, as there would be no way of isolating it from a single source.

Since you’re a rule follower, the cover on that particular boiler forms part of the combustion circuit and needs to be checked afterwards.

Probably best taking the L and N directly from the boiler, but you can come from the load side of the spur, I wouldn’t take it from the feed side, as there would be no way of isolating it from a single source.

Since you’re a rule follower, the cover on that particular boiler forms part of the combustion circuit and needs to be checked afterwards.
thanks for your reply.

Reply to connect boiler and nest heatlink from the same switched fused spur in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock