Search the forum,

Discuss first visit to s crew fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puddle

Called at a s crew fix store for the first time today,thought I would be able to roam miles of shelves of stuff,turned out to be like a trade Argos set up,really helpful in there,think I will be calling in again

Inspection hatches I wanted were not in the catalogue in store,so I should have checked what I wanted on internet first,but they found for me

Popped into tool station as usual sited across from s crew fix,found under staffed and slow service,would not worry if never went back

Just first impressions

imho

love screwfix plumbfix ! buy off them all the time next day service and delivered to your house or the customer

It must be my age, but I prefer the local merchants.

I like to keep my local one man band in a job too

Not a massive fan of the monopolys out there.

plumbfix is good for some things i mostly use my independant merchants though

i prefer to use local merchants but they cant seem to compete on range and stock levels

I like my local merchant for plumbing and heating stuff,as prices about the same for like for like quality anyway

I was looking for a different general building suppliers,as I hate builders merchants,they take so much time to serve you and often staff did not stick around to take any exams at school,Did use Wicks but find prices now going up thanks to new owners,so think s crew fix might fill that gap

yes puddle, when argos charge ÂŁ29 for a cooker hose!.

toolstation are actually better service.imo as you can ask to look and mess with goods without buying and you get a nice free coffee to boot.
screw fix full of land lords looking for packs of 6'' nails to hang boilers but plumbfix tell them to naff off, i find that amusing.lol.

I also find the service and staff in Toolstation better, plus you get free tomato soup....yum
The only real thing I get from Plumbfix are screws, plugs and speedfit. They CANNOT be beaten on John Guest.
One thing that really annoys me about plumb/screw fix is the stock levels.
They want to try and compete with the big boys, but dont hold the stock. I know most of it is next day, but that is not the point. Went in there to get a few packs of 22mm end feed elbows. Only had one pack. Stuff like that to a proper merchant is bread and butter.

Graham

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used screwfix loads of times in the past but just started using plumb fix. Prices are cheaper than screwfix & they only sell to qualified trades which means the queue is usually shorter..and they deliver :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to first visit to s crew fix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that didn't flush properly, and had become corroded and unsightly. I figured I'd get a plumber in to do it (after a couple of years apologising to guests for...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open vented system S plan Also found there was no bypass and this was an external boiler with frost stat so boiler would start with no valves open...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry bit of an odd query here. With the increases in energy costs now and in the future we are trying to find any way to reduce our exposure (retired couple on fixed incomes). We are fortunate enough to have bought solar panels at the beginning of the year but as we head towards winter the...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock