Discuss Ferroli Modena 80e - Intermittent CH On/Off and Vibration Noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AndyPUK

Hi,

I have a Ferroli Modena 80e and it has developed a weird problem. BG are due to investigate tomorrow but I'd like some Forum advice re the problem; if for no other reason than to properly articulate the issue to BG.

The facts (apologies for any terminology issues)
: boiler pressure set at 1bar when cold (~15 deg C). When the boiler fully heats up, set at 55 deg C, the pressure goes up to 1.5bar. CH temp set at 55 deg C. HW seems to be okay.

Problem 1: I am getting an intermittent vibration from the boilder when the CH is running (both when the gas is on and off); it's not the outer casing, its coming from inside the unit. Any ideas?

Problem 2: Not sure if it is related to problem 1. During normal operation when the CH fires up from cold (say approx 15 deg C) it takes between 15 and 20 minutes to reach temp (all radiators are hot); the gas then cuts out, for 5 minutes or so (the pressure needle drops a notch or two), and then the gas fires up again... this cycle repeats until the room thermostat temp is met... then the boiler switches off. What has started happening is when the boiler first fires up it runs okay for 15 mins, the radiators all heat up okay... when the gas re-fires up the gas ignites for just a few seconds (between 5 and 20) and then cuts off and this cycle continues. Any ideas? So essentially the boiler fires up okay initially, radiators are all heated, it then struggles to fire up again for any length of time... hence the radiators cool down and the room temp is not met.

Many thanks for the advice.

AP

Last edited by a moderator:
Note: I have no intention of trying to fix the boiler myself. I just want the advice, if available, to better understand the issue... so I can articulate it to the BG engineer.

I've had issues with the boiler in the past and my lack of diagnosis led to multiple visits from the engineer. I want to give as much detail as possible to the engineer.

Regards, AP

Hi AP unfortunately because your issue sounds gas related we're unable to offer further advice. I would think an engineer will be able to solve the problem with the information you have already provided.

Thanks for the advice... hopefully the BG engineer is a good one.

AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Modena 80e - Intermittent CH On/Off and Vibration Noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock