Discuss Ferroli Falcon low water pressure led flashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thintommy

Hello i was called to a job where the boiler was not working it is a ferroli falcon gc 47-26701, led 5 was flashing which going by the manual means insufficient pressure in system, the system pressure is fine and the fault finding told me to change the water pressure switch, i have done this and am still having problems, the boiler does work sometimes with no problem and other times the light just keeps flashing, the boiler is over 7 years old and this is the first time they say they have had these problems.
The fault finding also indicates it may be the high limit stat but don't want to order one until i am sure as the customer is not wanting to part with to much money this time of year.
I know that the boiler itself is not the most reliable of makes and has lasted well in comparison to others i have removed.
Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated!
Many Thanks

Yeah i have drained the boiler and refilled and the gauge moved as it should

is the system water dirty? you may have crud floating about this may be blocking your new LWP switch

:iagree: you got to check that the switch is making IMO :iagree:

I did drain some water through a drain off to check the water from there seemed clean however there was crud around the old one, would you suggest just poking something through the hole to check? any other ideas on things to check as no longer there for today

do not poke the hole in the LWPS LOL you will break it try poking the hole it goes into on the boiler

how can i check properly that the switch is working? testing the electrical problems is somethign i always struggle to get my head round, i am newly working for myself so no longer have the potion of phoning the boss to rattle his brain

i did mean through the hole that you screw the switch into lol

how can i check properly that the switch is working? testing the electrical problems is somethign i always struggle to get my head round, i am newly working for myself so no longer have the potion of phoning the boss to rattle his brain
it will have continuity on the 2 spades in most cases when pressured to 1.5 bar is it a 2 wire circuit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuity through the switch will tell you whether it is working or not tommy :)

Cheers for the help guys much appreicated am back there 1st thing so will give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Falcon low water pressure led flashing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back