Search the forum,

Discuss Fernox Hawk Special Fibre: Same as PTFE? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Recommended for 'reinforcement' when using LS-X as an external leak sealer on bigger pipes/higher pressures. Pic looks like PTFE. Anyone used it/know?

It makes no mention of what sizes or pressure it can or cannot cope with on the only pdf I found for LS-X online.

But the stuff did buy me some time the other day before I could return to fix the leak properly. I've tried before but never had any luck. This time it worked because I was able to turn off water so no pressure before applying and give time to set. Turns out this is recommended.

It worked a treat stopping a mains leak. 45 mins after turning water back on, dry as a bone. But was tiny, tiny leak on 15mm solder fitting.

Normally just use it on doughnut washers when some old silicone can't be removed, stuff like that.

But thinking for future if it can handle bigger stuff it might be good to have what they recommend for 'reinforcing' it. Although it doesn't say how to apply the 'special fibres.' Presumably you just wrap it round? But it's not available easily and the pic just looks like PTFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox Hawk Special Fibre: Same as PTFE? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
The isolation valve connected directly to our toilet fill valve has started to leak (I assume the washer has deteriorated). I'd like to get a...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock