Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Faulty Drayton MA1 Mid Position Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim H

Hi I have a Drayton MA1 Mid Position Valve that seems to be faulty. If it goes past the M position to W to call for hot water, it will not move back to the M or H position unless I manually override using the little black button at the base of the unit.

The system heats water perfectly, operates the heating perfectly or operates heating and hot water together perfectly but I have to manually intervene to move it back from hot water only to be able to get heating.

Do I need a new valve for this?

Might get away with just a new head. Can't hurt to try. Could be the syncron has had its day. When you remove the head does the spindle of the brass valve move quite freely??

Hi, thanks for the email. Yes the spindle moves freely. The valve will not move "back" from the W position to M or H but works fine if I push the black button to manually release it.

Try a new head then most decent merchant should be able to get one for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty Drayton MA1 Mid Position Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a fully pumped heating system fitted with a Drayton MA1 diverter, after the summer run the heating stopped coming on, so I replaced the...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
G
Hello Since moving into my property in 2016, I must have been through 5 or 6 mid position valves of various makes. I am just about to swap over...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock