Search the forum,

Discuss Three-way diverter valve -electrical problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I have a fully pumped heating system fitted with a Drayton MA1 diverter, after the summer run the heating stopped coming on, so I replaced the Actuator head, however I have found the actuator is stuck on H (Heating), I have turned down both heating and cylinder stat - still stuck on H.
The actuator is warm.
Removed power completely and the valve has now returned to W (Water)
As far as I am aware I replaced like for like on the wiring, cut off leads to ensure same fittings.
Any suggestions

What about its last port of call?, if the last requested position was CH then it will remain in this position even if both CH or the HW is not calling.

Attachments

• Honeywell Mid position Valve..pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 7
What about its last port of call?, if the last requested position was CH then it will remain in this position even if both CH or the HW is not calling.
Thanks, followed Drayton Fault finding/Test video right to end when he says valve will stay in H and head will get warm.
What was also confusing me was that the programmer was not on for heating or hot water.
Now need to think a bit more and double check problem, if it is still there.

Remember, the HW even when porogrammed off will provide 230V via its OFF contacts to the grey wire as well as from the satisfied contacts on the HW cylinder stat which will keep the valve in its CH only position, even if both stats are satisfied or you switch both off, if you were then to switch on the HW only and turn up the cylinder stat briefly, then the valve will lose its 240V to the grey wire and should motor back under spring pressure to the HW position, when/if you then switch off the HW, you will again then put 230V to switch2 but this is now open so has no effect. (or something like that)

Reply to Three-way diverter valve -electrical problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock