Discuss experienced worker without qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wfs

Hi everyone, Ive been a plumber for 28 years but never gained qualifications,i am a supervisor (with gold cscs card obtained through the "profile route")for an M&E company and thinking about leaving but the stumblingblock is lack of qualifications.Ive read numerous stuff on short courses etc but was wondering if there is anyone with same problem and how is the quickest way of gaining quals. Any help appreciated.

Hello wfs and welcome check out ciphe web site think there is something to do with exp. workers and qualifications on there good luck and let us know if you have any luck.:)regards turnpin

Hi Turnpin, I went on there as I was in the same group as WFS(welcome WFS) explained the situation gone a letter back in quick time and told me to go do a NVQ2 and re-apply, decided I did'nt want to join their club, so I am experienced but no plumbing quals, just got my others gas water electrickery etc

Hi Turnpin, I went on there as I was in the same group as WFS(welcome WFS) explained the situation gone a letter back in quick time and told me to go do a NVQ2 and re-apply, decided I did'nt want to join their club, so I am experienced but no plumbing quals, just got my others gas water electrickery etc

Hi stani just checked what I posted earlier and looking under membership catagories on ciphe site where it states associate member requires nvq 2 or c&g craft certs[1980`s]
or No formal qualifications but extensive practical experience supported by trade references and where necessary an inspection by one of ciphe`s inspectors . Maybe Ciphe might like to post a clarification as this seems a tad unclear in light of your experience with them:)best regards turnpin

Thx turnpin for prompt reply,even though stani has given possibly reply ive emailed them anyway.Just thought there would be a easy way but obviously not. :)

wfs, let us know how you get on mate, my experience was about 4-5 years ago, they may have changed the requirements.
cheers. Stani

I have never been asked in 15yrs to show my qualifications, sorry once when I turned down a job with BG, If you go to any employer and show that you have worked for so and so for 28yrs then iam sure they will be more than impressed with that.

depends on the type of company
small ones are not bothered, any decent job u need em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to experienced worker without qualifications in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock