Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss expansion tank filling up / overflowing ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazmacker

hiya lads this one has got me baffled,,, customer complains of overflow coming from expansion tank so i changed the ball valve and everything seemed ok , phones me up and says its still doin it , i checked the valve and its ok and no dirty water from hot taps so i think the coil in cylinder is ok . its a gravity fed heating system so can anyone shed any light its doin me head in ceers gaz

hiya yes its fillin up when heating is on but i cant work it out ,,,the pump was on 3 and i lowered it to 2 which seemed better but tit still fills up ???

If it was me I'd be looking at the pressure in the system (ie I'd have a look in my central heating book to see what was what!) Something I've learned is that if the feed is in the wrong place or the head isn't enough then the system will over pump into the F&E cistern so if it's quite full already from the previous session then the next session will put more water in it.

Not explained myself very well, but hopefully you can see what I'm getting at.

hiya, yeah with you mentioning the boiler stat , this may be connected because they said the vent pipe steams sometimes and puors water into the tank , its a baxi solo so its quite old

Just a thought as I was brought up on open systems. Have you checked the level in the header when the heating is off? You said you changed the ball valve but did you adjust the level so that it was jus about 30-50 mm above the feed outlet. Sorry if im telling granny how to suck eggs.
Plumbo 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to expansion tank filling up / overflowing ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock