Search the forum,

Discuss Evohome experts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adrian Sadler

Any evohome gurus here?

I am looking at a system but dont think it is possable to do so need some guidance.

System boiler with unvented cylinder in loft space.
Every room downstairs has wet UFH over a 12 zone manifold.
Upstairs we have a traditional radiator system of a 'open' rad on the landing and one in each of 3 bedrooms. one in the main bathroom and one in the ensuite.
In the loft we have a pump and 3x 2 port zone valves (hw, ufh,radiators)
There is also a pump downstairs by the manifold.

Customer wants in the evohome system.......
Each room downstairs 8 zones beind independantly controlled.
3 rads in the bedroom each independantly controlled.

With the current setup i think.....

get rid of the 2 heating valves and put back to one and get rid of the pump by the manifold so its all on one loop.

then at the manifold use the 8 zone controller for all the downstairs rooms with stat in each room, use evo wireless trv's on all upstairs and a cylinder pack for the hw.

sound about right?

Any evohome gurus here?

I am looking at a system but dont think it is possable to do so need some guidance.

System boiler with unvented cylinder in loft space.
Every room downstairs has wet UFH over a 12 zone manifold.
Upstairs we have a traditional radiator system of a 'open' rad on the landing and one in each of 3 bedrooms. one in the main bathroom and one in the ensuite.
In the loft we have a pump and 3x 2 port zone valves (hw, ufh,radiators)
There is also a pump downstairs by the manifold.

Customer wants in the evohome system.......
Each room downstairs 8 zones beind independantly controlled.
3 rads in the bedroom each independantly controlled.

With the current setup i think.....

get rid of the 2 heating valves and put back to one and get rid of the pump by the manifold so its all on one loop.

then at the manifold use the 8 zone controller for all the downstairs rooms with stat in each room, use evo wireless trv's on all upstairs and a cylinder pack for the hw.

sound about right?

I gave you the answer on facebook! Yes this will work (the EvoHome bit - your plans to remove the UFH pump sound dubious!) but you need to have two controllers cascaded together to give you 24 available zones. Otherwise you won't have enough zones.

The app sees it as all one system because the base units, once cascaded, act as one unit.

Gone on the course ÂŁ250 plus free kit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Evohome experts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and rather dated Heatmiser DT thermostats. One of the upstairs zones is combined for the bedroom/dressing room. So that's 2 rooms, 2 manifolds, but one...
Replies
Views
Is there any advice on using Honeywell Evohome with 2 zone heating. Honeywell support are pretty useless and give conflicting advice. They suggested I ask my installer (but my installer suggested I ask Honeywell). I found a support article on the Honeywell Resideo website by Googling...
Replies
Views
bit of an odd one. UFH been working fine for about a year or two now. today the pipes going to it before the zone valve are stone cold. its a very basic system with Hive thermostatic valves controlling the rads upstairs and the zone valve downstairs. Could the pipe be blocked?
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the downstairs radiators and zone 2 all of the upstairs radiators ? I have thermostat room programmer down the stairs and another one upstairs. I think the two...
Replies
Views
We have UFH throughout downstairs. I have had one coil replaced. I have had the thermostats checked that they are linking to the correct actuators, which they are. the cupboard where the UFH system is gets hot when I turn up the thermostats in one or all zones. The boiler is coming on but the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock