Search the forum,

Discuss Emails from the forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey all,

Just a quickie to let you know how to stop emails from the forum.

From time to time we get asked by our sponsors (we actually get asked by loads of firms but would only do this for sponsors that support the forum) to send you an email either with an offer in, or some news, or whatever. It's always about the forum, or an existing forum sponsor, and it will always come from one of our own email addresses, so [email protected].

It isn't spam, it's an email from the forum, and only Myself or Dave will send these emails. So they're always vetted by one or both of us before being sent.

However if you would like to stop Administrator Emails, here's how you do it.

Go here: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions
About the third setting down, remove the tick for "Receive Email from Administrators"

That stops all admin emails. We can still override this should we have some outage and need to tell you we are are back online or something else really important.

I thought I'd just keep you up to date on this. It has always been the case for years, but more recently when we're sending 10's of thousands of emails per batch, let alone per month, we are getting quite a lot of people assume things from 'I've never had an account with you what the hell is this' to a more normal 'unsubscribe' which we cannot do for you!

Obviously at any point should your own situation change and you not want to use the forum at all, then you can always message Dave or myself on here, and we will do it for you.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Emails from the forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock