Discuss Elson Double Feed Indirect Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter_Griffin

Hi guys,

I have one of the above at home in the loft. It is fed from a back boiler and although we have hot water perfectly fine, I have noticed it seems to take just that little bit longer than normal to heat up.
The tank has a 3kW element fitted to the bottom of it and I have tested and found there is no power to the element no matter what setting my CH programmer is on.
Where would this element (if actually used) be fed from?? Have tried following cables but the disappear through ceiling, checked CH programmer and not much obvious in there.
Would it be connected to the boiler itself which is behind the fire? There is no spurs that it could be off that I can see, the only spur anywhere is for the CH programmer/heating pump.

Much appreciated chaps :eek:

the element in the tank is an electric immersor, nothing to do with the central heating boiler and only for use when your boiler is not working, so if your hot water is not as hot as it was you will need to investigate further, probably first thing to eliminate is air in the coil of the elson unit, there may be an air release point where the flow goes into the side of the tank, flow and return will go in on the same side, flow is above return, if not that you are looking at various other things that could maen getting someone in

Excellent thanks for replying.

So if the boiler packs in how would the element kick in?? As there is no form of isolation I can see, would it drop in automatically if boiler fails??

Yeah I have seen the flow and return pipes and they are red hot which is good i suppose. I will check again for air release points and check that out first.

Usually have a fused spur which are normally located in the airing cupboard or in the kitchen. Only normally used if boiler not in use and would normally just be switched on manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Elson Double Feed Indirect Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a fairly modern multifuel stove with a back boiler connected to a Elson Sapphire double feed indirect hot water tank and I need to...
Replies
Views
I have an Elson Sapphire double feed indirect hot water tank and I need to drain down the system to move some radiators. Would anyone be able to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After a bit advice to work out whether we're using our HW and CH system properly. All the kit is about 10-12 years old. Worcester...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock