Search the forum,

Discuss Trying to work out my CH/HW system... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. After a bit advice to work out whether we're using our HW and CH system properly.

All the kit is about 10-12 years old. Worcester Greenstar 30 CDI boiler installed in the porch, a programme with CH and HW options and a Copperform Flowaster 210 litre tank in an upstairs airing cupboard. The tank has a small heating element in it and I think this is driving us to have very high electricity usage (our 'phantom load' is through the roof).

Does anyone have any advice on programming the various components to give regular hot water and reduce the energy usage? At the moment, the programmer is set to be "HW On" all the time (as last time I tried a schedule, we were consistently getting much cooler water at the tap/shower).

Thanks!

Set the hot water to come on an hour before you need the heating eg heating comes on at 6 have the hot water to come on at 5 -6 this should be plenty of time for the whole tank to warm up

Reply to Trying to work out my CH/HW system... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock