Search the forum,

Discuss electricians prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
when rewiring a house, what would you be expected to spend on the materials ?? surely not as much as we pay for full heating system ?? just trying to find out how they justify their huge prices for rewires.

They pay for inspections/exams each year and costs them £1,000 annually. That's quite a chunk, in fairness to them and they have to have a Mega metre or something like that which requires calibrating each year too, like an FGA.

i asked one to wire a stat for me and he wanted £150 for hours worth of work !!!

just sick of all the bad press we get, and i think sparks charge crazy money. i honestly cant see how sparks can charge as much as we do for full heating installs though considering the price of our materials

i always think tilers get the best priceshardly any outlay few tools cant work around anyone else walls have to be flat or they dont do it half the ones i know dont even have a van as everything is delivered blooming prima donnas

I think electricians prices mentioned here and what I have seen are ok,there is a premium on a rewire as we have on a boiler replacement and other works

Just because our trade is maybe going through some tight times,it is no reason to start picking on other trades managing to get decent rates at present ,if heating systems are having to be done cheaply,that is our industries problem and for us to sort out and try to get rates back up,not try to drop other trades

The electrical trade is going to be the next trade to get an influx of trainees,we will see how they handle that but prices in their trade are set to fall,this to me is a pity but they are about to go through what we have

So I would say instead of worrying what other trades are getting,concentrate on ways to get your/our rates up

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
sparks i know that rob all their gear then charge silly prices thats what annoys me

Scottish Hydro tried to charge a customer of mine £160 to fit Earth bonding to the meter which was next to the consumer unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electricians prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock