Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss electric water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

can anyone recomend an electric water heater similar to the santon r range of open vented water heater .seen the ariston unvented range but the prv pipework would be a pain as its in an internal room

its only supplying 2 basins and a sink in a church hall - sink only used twice a wk for dishes and basins only for hand washing in the wc.dont like vented taps did a industrial unit with them and was for ever called back .could poss get prv pipework into a wc pan connector but dont like the ide of doing that .i have emailed ariston to see if i could bring cold from roof space and fit the prv and exp vessel and prv here and run d2 in roof space . the only problem is prv would be 3m from the heater

use ariston with it prv passing thro hep20 trap into sink waste, no problem

A cistern water heater would probably be your best solution.
If you can get a cable to it ok perhaps a powerstream or a zip cex would do but it might be pushing it unless you fitted non concussive spray taps to the basins.

A cistern water heater would probably be your best solution.
If you can get a cable to it ok perhaps a powerstream or a zip cex would do but it might be pushing it unless you fitted non concussive spray taps to the basins.
its got an old santon in but they are nearly £600

If they don't care what it looks like or can get it boxed in a combination cylinder is lots cheaper.

If they don't care what it looks like or can get it boxed in a combination cylinder is lots cheaper.

did think about that my only issue would be the electric supply existing heater runs off 13 amp plug.they do vary in price from where they are bought merchants quoted me for gledill which was stupid price looked at plumbfix but they seem to be indirect ones

Whatever you end up fitting it should really have its own circuit for the immersion.

Whatever you end up fitting it should really have its own circuit for the immersion.

combination cyl looking best and easiest option . can throw cable through roof space for sparky to connect

thanks

R type - good water heater.
Ariston - good washing machines.

Your decision is it stored or instantaneous they require? How about a streamline or express?

Instant inline heater may be the way to go - its like an electric shower. Should cost under £200.

Downside is it needs some hefty electrical work to install .. . .. .

I fitted on of these as in a care home they ran a sink of water twice a day from it so stored was a waste of time. They had a 150 litre copper cylinder that they used before I came - for about 5 litres of hot a day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electric water heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
F
Water heater venting issues. Need someone to look at my pix of the set up and let me know if it's a proper and efficient set up.
Replies
Views
FireMedic Aly
F
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each...
Replies
Views
When we moved into our house in 2016, the electric water heater popped loudly when heating. After awhile, I researched and realized that it was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My customer needs a new water heater/boiler - preferably electric. (Getting the gas pipe through to the desired location is a bit of a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock