Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss ECO Ending? Anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Hi folks,

Just been told off a Landlord that the ECO Deal is ending this Friday! Anyone heard anything similar? Just been googling and found this [DLMURL]https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/87182/energycompaniesobligationecocomplianceupdateandquarterlyannex-april2014.pdf[/DLMURL] , an update that seems to say that all the energy companies have reached their obligation to HHCRO (Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation).!! Anyone heard anything similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is that Eco and green deal have been taking a hammering on how they haven't worked in just about every publication going and people from the ground up have been calling for its disposal especially in the last 2 months

Thank feck, I might even get some boiler changes out of my property management place rather than their millionaire landlord s getting them for nothing. ... scandal

I also read this Most Energy Companies Have Now Met Their HHCRO Targets

Seems to say that the energy companies are holding off further funding for boiler replacements!

"...it is understood that the Big Six are satisfied that they have met their current targets and are therefore holding off from funding new work. This goes some way to explain the current shortage of HHCRO funding for installers downstream."

:hurray:

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is right I have timed it perfectly as I'm going self employed at the end of the month.

Who does this work and is accredited? It seems to me that I'm many respects it's out of reach of the small installer unless your fitting it for somebody else. These things are so over complicated it's untrue. It should be as simple as finding a customer, having a assessment from there energy supplier, getting it done, quality check and pay the grant. But there seems to be so many middle men/ companies that want to get there share of the money the people that seem to lose out are the small " work to the book " installer and the customer, with everybody else pocketing the funding from behind a desk.

How the hell private landlords should get anything is beyond me.

It's so corrupt just like the rest of politics.

I was told in Spain they have made it illegal to store energy and if you produce your own energy from solar you have to pay the energy companies a tariff. Basically they are saying we own the sun.

Last edited:
I can get it again now, whereas it's been un-available since beginning of year, although it is partial funding only due to the value of the carbon saving being very low. So free boiler it isn't, but a help towards paying for a new one it is.

It takes some work to get involved in it but it is available to anyone who jumps through the right hoops.

Last edited:
I've been told there's one door-knocker in Coventry that's earned more than £50,000 just for the sign-ups.
He'll be gutted.

We do eco work and have been told funding is till November this year. Rates have dropped dramatically we now tell people they may have to top up the fund value.
The main thing is the energy company keeps changing the rules, the government can't control them so no one has got a chance, they could just stop tomorrow!

we have just been offered funding this week from two companys 1 company wanted us to bid on the carbon and the 2nd offered us 7p/8p per carbon EKKKK The price have dropped ok for me tho anyone that missed it now gives me more jobs lol

Eco funding for HHCRO / CERO / CO is based on 'bidding' for the money based on the carbon reductions the measures will return, the money is released in tranches. so when it runs out for that tranche you have to wait until the next tranche is bid for and allocated - that happens every 2 weeks, the problem comes when they want to much / little (depending upon which way you look at it) per tonne of carbon, and then no-one bids for it or wins it - like what happend last week, none of the bids met the reserve prices that the eco 'sellers' set, so now got to wait another two weeks to see how it goes. When it's been won then that work has to be delivered within a certain period e.g. three months, hence the sudden rush to get work done, then nothing..

So there's just a lull in available funds then yeh? Not an end to this.....?

Well.... See this : https://www.gov.uk/government/news/7600-to-make-your-home-more-energy-efficient announced today, so they may not be rushing to make eco money available.

I could have this completely wrong, however I predicted this exact move in a meeting with a GDP this morning (scary !!) for what it's worth, here's my view:

The big one in this is EWI at 6k and 75%, that's a shed load of contribution and effectively means that for a mid terrace or a small end-terrace they only need to find 25% of the install - easy to bung on a Green Deal Finance Plan.

"For solid wall insulation 75% of the costs of installation up to a maximum of £6,000 can be claimed back by the customer. For the ‘two measures’ option 100% of the costs of installation to a maximum of £1,000 may be claimed back; for homemovers this maximum is £1500
"

The big winners are going to be the landlords with old housing stock, - and at the small contribution now needed, the tenant won't mind.

Why have the govt done this - simples
1) The cashback scheme finishes at the end of June, and the system still hasn't taken off
2) Nearly all the Energy companies have met or are near to meeting their HHCRO targets for 2014/15 already, so no more free boilers (as per comments above).
3) The ECO funding that was supposed to have helped measures like this meet the Golden Rule, never materialised, and won't in the foreseeable future
4) There are elections looming and the don't want the Green Deal to become a (dead) White Elephant.

So the customer gets their GDAR for free, can choose a couple of measures and get up to £1.5k back, which is more than they could have got on the old cashback scheme.

So I can see boiler replacements costing the custard £1k again (You'll need to take off that the cost of the process fees)

Plus it now has a sensible timespan instead of a 3 month knee jerk kick start, so the likes of Mark Group, can put a marketing and sales strategy back together, and come next spring the Govt can announce great successes.

I see this as effectively replacing the Eco funding, give the big co's a couple of months to get up to speed, and it should then be a steady stream of work again.

Thanks for taking the time here worcester :) Is the 6k you mentioned available for that external insulation you see going on a lot?

Ideal rep was in on the beg today..... Eco is dead in the water! His sales are on arse

That I could have any thing I wanted if we fitted 30 plus logics a month. The stuffings out of his cloud as no one buying on Eco at moment .

The next 30 logics free and complimentary acs for you and the team when the time comes oh and one of them jam doughnuts on the table while your waiting for the bacon sarnie to cook

Thanks for taking the time here worcester :) Is the 6k you mentioned available for that external insulation you see going on a lot?

Working with a team hoping to get between 100 and 200 done between now and end of September on the existing £4k offer (mid / end terrace), see this a being a big kick starter for small detached / average semi's. We're pulling a team together to do about 100 / month from September on. Challenge is that it has to run through the whole Green Deal process which is a compliance nightmare (Consumer Credit Act etc, plus Government money so everything is audited)

It's all a con if you ask me, the whole green deal, eco BS. Is the energy minister best mates with the md of British gas? I bet they give each other the sticky hand shake once a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ECO Ending? Anyone? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock