Discuss Ebay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

33ching

Hi there,
just spent the last hour or so looking on ebay and wondered if any of you bought plumbing items form there. There are quite a few people selling fittings etc and 1 guy from the midlands is selling copper pipe.
I have bought bits & bobs from ebay before but nothing to do with plumbing so just wanted to know whether to avoid buying anything from it and stick with plumber/builders merchants.

How much is the copper pipe that you've found?

if its that good a deal, do you not think something could be strange.

why would anybody sell anything they use daily, cheaper than you can buy it elsewhere?

pay in advance, wait for delivery, when it dont arrive at least you can leave them negative feedback!

id enjoy that gamble

shaun

Found some more from manchester. The one from the midlands is pick up only but manchester is dilivery or pick up. The prices vairy depending on lenth and thickness. The fittings I found were cheap but don't know if they are any good. I suppose an end feed fitting is an end feed fitting regardless of make.

Last edited by a moderator:
first point of call for me on tools to be honest.
if i want a new tool i usually find it a lot cheaper on ebay, not been let down yet.
bought a rothenburger rofrost full kit for £100 (275 worth), apart from signs of the box been rattling around in som b.g. van for a couple of years, the tool has never been used.
fittings im yet to decide, can pick up as needed from merchant or skrewfix as i need.
found selco and toolstation cheepest at mo.

I bought some tools and a couple of Franke taps(for my own kitchen/utility), a lot cheaper than from anywhere else(genuine and brand new).
Perhaps, that copper is a leftover from a big job... or just fell off the back of a lorry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ebay in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock