Search the forum,

Discuss Dripping/Seaping Issue :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neil-uk

Hi Guys,

I have a copper pipe going through a wall which (in short) T's off a water heater.

There's about 2" through the wall, then I've joined a plastic 90deg coupler, and run plastic pipework from there.

For some reason I am getting dripping where the copper pipe enters the coupler. It's really annyoing, I've pushed the pipe in as far as I can.

The pipework is 15mm, and I'm wondering perhaps if the copper pipe may be marginally smaller? But I have used the same pipe elsewhere in plastic couplings with no drops.

What I've done tonight is put the cement stuff usually used for gluing waste pipe together....

I presume I'm tempting fate doing that? Does anyone have any tips to help?

Thanks
Neil

Any chance it`s the coupler thats faulty Neil, can you try another one?

Thanks for the reply. Turned out that the copper hadn't been cut off straight so not all the pipe had got past the rubber washer :)

I am guessing the copper pipe may possibly be slightly kinked , take the fitting off again and have a look, clean up the pipe with a bit of emery cloth. Failing that , look at the o-ring in the end of e tee, you may have caught it when you pushed it on .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dripping/Seaping Issue :( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper. Solder fittings just slip over it and are really loose so I gather this is old imperial pipe, so I shall use a 3/4 to 22mm coupler. However on the...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4 hours from 0-1.5 bar each time. This has been going on a week now. I have also started to notice small drips running down my condensate pipe...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock