Discuss Dream heat pumps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 15 Kw says on manual 111cm x 46cm x 68 high shipping weight 98 Kgs
requires water flow rate of 2.2 M3 per hour through 3/4" BSP.
It has a Sanyo rotary compressor COP of 4.3 @ 6 Degs C to water temp of 40 Degs C

this is one of the most interesting threads ive been reading. you all lost me about post 5 but im sticking with it.:thinking:

Why are you lost i ? It`s at least 80 year old technology (Refrigeration) brought upto date by transfering heat from outside air to my cosy indoors. The secret is keeping the efficiency up above 2.5 COP (Coeficient Of Performance) if you allow it work at lower values you won`t save much at all. By using as a hybrid if ambient temps go below say about 4 Degs it may Ice up from our high humidity jet stream weather. A Heat Pump will need defrosting this costs energy that won`t heat my house so I don`t let it make ice by swapping over to my A rated boiler which costs me about 10 % to 20 % depending how long I have a cold spell for. As that`s may be only 30 days in 365 that translates into a massive saving on my gas bill. Pong me with a bigger leccy bill YES and I will ping you the pay off a COP of 3,4 or 5 which pays off the fact that Leccy is more pricey than Gas. I can explain more ---- it`s getting late more Monday ? Are you still lost or catching up ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha yes i understand the fridgy bit but catching up on the tech..bring on monday i say.

How can I help ? What is your hang up ? Explain in full what your need is ? It`s really a simple principle of obtaining heat from a cheaper source ( AIR ) in my case, in the most economic way.

been browsing the net and am kinda up to speed. cheers for the offer of help getting my head round it. looks impressive especially as a hybrid system (when needed).ive never fit any or worked on any so was a bit lost back then. i'll say it again, a good interesting thread.:yes:

Simples really, you have two heat sources, one (the Air Source Heat Pump ASHP) is efficient so long as air temp above 5°C outside, so when it gets below that a simple control box based around a frost stat calls for heat from a traditional oil/gas boiler. - Just need to make sure of the hysterisis of the outside stat as you don't want the system cutting in / out every few minutes, so go for at least a 3°C temperature change before switching back to the Air Source Heat Pump - say off at 4°C and back on at 7°C.

Hi,
I am a retired refrigeration engineer: I bought a Dream 5kw air source Heat pump for an outside pool. When I bought it I will say they were very helpful and sent me a full spec on operating pressures etc. In their advert it states they should last 20 years, 'don't believe it'. This heat pump has been outside for two and a half years, it is covered to protect it from the elements in the winter months. When I started it up for this years season 2014 I noticed frosting back and no heat output, I quickly found the cause being the condenser fan fouling the housing. This was caused by the fan motor bracket completely rusting through where it was connected to the units base. A simple job if you can get a new bracket. I rang a person called VJ at Dream Heat pumps for a replacement, he told me they do not hold them in stock but he could get one by Autumn. Its now mid may and waiting until the end of the summer until I can get a new bracket is not on.
This VJ advised I go to another heat pump supplier 'Duratech' and try to get one from them as they are very similar. In a nutshell dream heat pumps are cheap and cheerful, there is a saying " you only get what you pay for" in this instance very true. This company's response to my problem beggars belief, why couldn't this VJ have tried to source a new bracket for me? In the meantime I will have to try and try some old contacts in the trade for help, something I should not have to do if Dream Heat Pumps 'World of Bargains Ltd' had a good after sale service. I would not recommend this Company or its Dream Heat Pumps. Again, I say " you only get what you pay for".

They are a box shifting sales organisation, I would be astonished if they stocked any spares at all. They also flog hot tubs and all sorts of other stuff.
Requested a bunch of technical info and only got installation manual, looking for outputs below 15° air non existant! Mind you they are cheap!! (very Cheap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dream heat pumps. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock