Discuss does a gas hob need a bayonet fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hello,

In fear of having the wool pulled over my eyes, can somebody who can quote the reg. please comment on the following:
Ive just installed a new kitchen, the worktop has been cut for a gas hob. the outlet is on a valve, with a G1/2 Male connection, the hob also has a G1/2 male connection. I've asumed that a G1/2 FxF connection pipe, a quick test for leakage and secure the hob would be job done, but ive been told that I must have a bayonet fitting, and the outlet is pointing the wrong direction, so the system needs to be isolated and the outlet changed... sounds like a money spinner to me...

thank you.

Difficulty to picture what your on about but leave it to a gas safe engineer & it should all be okay... Otherwise register & load up a picture & we can comment

hi thanks for answering, the bottom question is. Does a gas hob have to be connected via a bayonet?

hi thanks for answering, the bottom question is. Does a gas hob have to be connected via a bayonet?

you need to be gas safe to do any gas work, if your not then stop

thanks for your comment, the advise that I must have a bayonet came from a gas safe engineer, but while I agree that might be nice, the question is, Do i need a bayonet fitting under the appropriate regulation? the existing valve with male G1/2 outlet seems perfectly adequate to connect a built in hob

thanks for your comment, the advise that I must have a bayonet came from a gas safe engineer, but while I agree that might be nice, the question is, Do i need a bayonet fitting under the appropriate regulation? the existing valve with male G1/2 outlet seems perfectly adequate to connect a built in hob

if its built in (non movable) no bayonet fittings is required unless stated in mi's

thanks ShaunCorbs, I'll double check the mi's, and find another gas safe engineer who'll do what I've asked and doesn't start flowering up his quotation. The hob is fixed and non moveable into the worktop, hopefully It wont need touching for the life of the kitchen! cheers.

The hob requires accessible isolation valve and piping up in solid copper unless manufacturers instructions say a flexi hose can be used and said cooker hose can be fitted as normal. Ie. no strain, no chance of damage, temps kept below 70 etc...... If there is an oven underneath then you can not use a hose even if the manufactures instructions says you can due to the heat off the oven.

If you feel your engineer is talking nonsense then get another engineer in. Don't look for a cheap option pay the going rate and have it done correctly.

Installing a cooker is quite easy, knowing it won't kill the user and his/her family is the important bit, use a gas safe engineer.

Last edited:
Get a gsr in and trust his word and his training. Quite often what the customer wants is not legally permitted.

You've had more than enough information from us now. Go and register to receive more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to does a gas hob need a bayonet fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock