Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Do LPG boilers have LPG labels all over them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

replaced a boiler yesterday. On taking it off the wall, I seen a lpg label on the top and thought what the hell. I'd already done a tightness test, G4 meter, so started thinking it could be a secondary meter as it was a block of flats for pensioners, but can you have secondary meters for lpg and can a G4 be used?? Im not LPG trained

Put manometer on on meter and opened the Ecv fully, now not knowing much about LPG, I do know the working pressure is around 37mbar, manometer gave me only 25 so had to be NAT gas

on taking the boiler off the wall, I found even more LPG labels. Could it be a LPG boiler that's been converted to NAT gas? Pcb data plate showed go number and said NAT gas. Really was puzzled

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they do. It could of been converted back over and new data badge put on. You can smell the difference as well and the smell seems to stick to you. It's horrible I hate the stuff!

The regulator at the meter will be stamped which gas it uses. If it was LPG then the water would have been blown out of the gauge.

Check to make sure that the conversion back to NG has been done properly. Which boiler was it?

Sounds to me like somebody has fitted a second hand boiler!

Hi, it's a worcester 280

water wouldn't have blew out of my manometer as I have the regin one with the special sg water. Standing pressure though was only 25 mbar

An old Worcester then, that boiler would require an LPG gas valve and new injectors. It will say on the valve if its LPG.

What year is written on the meter have they recently had mains gas put into that street?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do LPG boilers have LPG labels all over them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
O
Hello Lads, as above I am having an upcoming boiler conversion. I am a little bit concerned about few things. First of all it is a council flat...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
I have an old Ideal Mexico system boiler. I have not had it serviced for a few years and I know it should be serviced. Yesterday the boiler did...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock