Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need a new Soil Pipe Vent in the roof? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I am installing a new toilet into my en-suite bathroom (there isn't one there currently). There is an existing soil pipe under the floor that I can connect to but it is not vented and is currently just used for the shower waste.

There is a toilet on the other side of my house that does have a vented soil pipe.

I have a septic tank in the garden and both soil pipes ultimately feed into that same tank. They meet together outside my backdoor and then there is a single pipe that feeds into the septic tank.

Do I need to extend the soil pipe where i am fitting the toilet the roof so that its vented or can I just fit an AAV?

Last edited:

Reply to Do I need a new Soil Pipe Vent in the roof? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
My soil pipe on the downstairs toilet seems to be partially blocked. Now I know it can be rodded but I was thinking of another way. With the toilet removed and exposing the soil pipe I was thinking of making a reducer to fit over the 4 inch pipe down to a garden hose pipe size and then turn the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan. Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to avoid internal stack from ceiling to floor. Quickest 30second sketch attached. I'd presume any horizontal would have to have the appropriate fall, new...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes from the toilets etc connect to the vertical stack via a horizontal pipe as you would expect. I'm about to renew all the soil pipes. We have 2 entry...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft. The loft company ran the waste from the loft over the roof straight into (i.e. closing off) what was the soil pipe - and added an AAV at loft level. However now I am reroofing and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock