Search the forum,

Discuss Decent Pipe Bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
OK. I have a 1 year old Rothenberger pipe bender. I've kept the formers and bending tracks nice and clean with wire wool. It is rippling occasionally on 15mm pipe and almost every time on 22mm pipe.

I am about to throw it in the bin and get another one. Any recommendations for a good quality pipe bender that will last? Don't mind spending decent money on something that people rate highly.

I've got the Bahco one but that's silly money and I rarely use it.

Have more trouble with poor quality copper than poor quality benders.

Think it must be the copper. had a Record bender for years and never had a problem with 15mm but for last few yearsthe 22 ripples nearly every time. Tried using a hacksaw blade between the former and roller as a shim and this sometimes helps.

Hillmor, had it ten years plus and no rippling as yet. But then again I don't look for it.

My rothenbergers ripple occasionally so i've been thinking of treating myself.......might give the bahco ones a go...

Bahco ones don't do 22mm, unless they have one I've not seen around. 15mm one is ace though.

bend it now make Nerrad benders.
can grab them from pts.

however i haven't tried them or know anyone who's given them a bash yet.

i had hilmor glm but searched ebay for two years and found a still boxed set of records early cranked arm benders. haven't rippled or kinked abit of pipe in a year now with them.

INCORRECT!

I bought a set of benditnow hand benders a few weeks ago and they're cracking.

mmmmmmm available from an independant suppliers near me Ray?

No, 'fraid not TT. We don't stock them, but I remember others raving about them, so that was a genuinely altruistic post. My one for the year. Maybe decade. Ok, century then. :)

We are rotten beggar stockists. :)

Buy direct, they're on offer for £49.99 including delivery. I ordered mine Sunday and bizarrely, they arrived on Monday :s

Well impressed!

I've ordered the bend it now ones as there seems to be a few good reviews on here. Where can you buy copper pipe made in the UK nowadays?

Buy direct, they're on offer for £49.99 including delivery. I ordered mine Sunday and bizarrely, they arrived on Monday :s

Well impressed!

Mate they as good or better than hillmor?

I can't remember what my Hilmors were like when they were new tbh, but they're a vast improvement on my the way they've ended up. They're identical tbh, but made in the uk.

I've ordered the bend it now ones as there seems to be a few good reviews on here. Where can you buy copper pipe made in the UK nowadays?

I don't think you can be sure of any of it. Wednesbury sold out to Mueller. Yorkshire belongs to KME. I think Lawtons still manufacture in the UK, but I am not sure if they do all sizes in the UK.

Ray with your buying clout you should set up a UK copper pipe manufacturer and sell it all to Williams & Co cheaply! Let's bring back UK manufacturing I say.

Ray with your buying clout you should set up a UK copper pipe manufacturer and sell it all to Williams & Co cheaply! Let's bring back UK manufacturing I say.

I think quite a lot of it is made in the UK. Its just with these pan-European groups, you can never be sure.

I don't think you can be sure of any of it. Wednesbury sold out to Mueller. Yorkshire belongs to KME. I think Lawtons still manufacture in the UK, but I am not sure if they do all sizes in the UK.

Lawtons is really good pipe. About the only ones who sell it up this way are william wilsons.

Lawtons is really good pipe. About the only ones who sell it up this way are william wilsons.

We do quite a lot of pipe with them, but not exclusively.

They stitched us up about 15 years ago, and for about 12 years we wouldn't trade with them - eventually my senior buyer let them off, but only when he was satisfied that everyone involved in stitching him up had left the business.

I like a man who can hold a grudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Decent Pipe Bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock