Discuss Crushed copper pipe! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jean-Luc

Hi All

I just dropped some heavy bars onto an exposed copper pipe in my kitchen, where the bars landed it is now about a third of the width it used to be. There is no leak and the water is still coming out of the taps fine, except it now chuggs ocasionally as you turn the tap on. Do I need to replace the copper pipe urgently?

JL

It will be fine as long as you haven't damaged any fittings. The chugging will be air that has become trapped in the high point of the pipe.

Thanks Subby! That's great news, my house mates were very unimpressed with me I'll tell them not to worry!

I would replace it as you may have caused a weak spot in the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Crushed copper pipe! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm a DIYer, successfully fitted an external garden tap, supply sourced from downstairs loo, standard 13 mil copper pipework, in-line...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock