Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Corgi insurance - unoccupied properties in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassed up

Gas Engineer
Hello to all,

I have been getting quotes on public liability insurance today as recently I have started to do more plumbing and heating jobs on my own.

Corgi have given one of the better quotes, but as I was going through the on-line process I noticed that one of the policy exclusions stated:

"This policy does not cover any claim or claims in connection with any work on any structure not occupied as a private dwelling".

Surely this would be a problem for any work carried out on a refurb to a property which has been temporarily vacated or recently purchased but not yet moved in to?

Has anyone come across this before with their insurer and would it put you off?

I don't think it means un-occupied (as in empty) I would think that particular policy only covers residential/private and not commercial
This is only a guess and I'm sure there are others on here who know

I'd agree with #2
It means only Domestic, not Commercial properties.

The diference is the liability.

Burn a house down accidentally, could be a £1million pound claim

Burn a Shopping centre down, or even do enough damage to close it and your looking at consequential losses of hundreds of millions.

I'm with Corgi and my policy allows up to 20% of my work to be on commercial properties.

Thanks for your replies.

It did say something on the questionaire about not doing more than a certain % of commercial work.

So do you think you would be covered for working on empty residential?

I'd say yes, but give them a call just to be certain
Whoever you speak to, log the date, time and their name just in case there are discrepancies in what you ask for and what you get

I didn't get a reply from Corgi so went with Trade Direct. They also included some tool cover for virtually the same cost, just over £400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Corgi insurance - unoccupied properties in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We are a commercial premises Have been using the same plumber for years and very happy with his work but recently came to light he has a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
A
Hi there, I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered...
Replies
Views
Amelia
A
New to the site. I'm a homeowner and I have no knowledge about plumbing, so thought someone else may be able to advise? In the early hours of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock