From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Copper pipe fitted in stud wall in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A

alfa20ad

Just a quick one. I have to fit 15mm copper pipe [H+C] into an internal plasterboard cavity wall which is just insulated with rockwool. Will be lucky if the length of copper pipes in the cavity be around 1 meter in length to the drop in the floor.

The question is do i have to put anything around the copper pipes to protect them in the cavity space?

S

steadyon

1. In theory you are supposed to insulate the pipes. In practice I would expect the rockwool to do a good enough insulation job.
2. You don't need to protect the copper from rockwool.
3. The clipping distance for vertical 15 mm copper pipe is 1.8 metres, so you can probably get away without clips provided the pipes are well supported at each end.

Reply to Copper pipe fitted in stud wall in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads